As you know, the Friends of the Bloedel Association has joined the VanDusen Botanical Garden Association. One of our combined goals is to help raise awareness about the incredible world of plants and why plants are so important to us all. The Bloom Gala is a fundraiser to not only help raise funds for educational programs and interpretation, but to also celebrate the new ‘Living Building’ Visitor Centre at the VanDusen Botanical Garden. The Gala evening is this Thursday, September 15th at 6pm! Do you have your ticket?
Here are the 6 Top Reasons to attend!
1. Be one of the first visitors to preview the amazing architecture of what is expected to be Canada’s first certified ‘Living Building‘. Inspired by the structure of a native British Columbian orchid, Busby Perkins+Will architects have designed this state of the art Visitor Centre to be ‘super green’. Come find out why!
2. Eat, drink and be merry! Great food, great drink and great music will flow throughout the evening. Edible Canada will delight your palate with West Coast seafood, Asian inspired dishes, First Nations delicacies, traditional African delights and decadent desserts. Sip wines from Ganton & Larsen Prospect Winery while you listen to the smooth sounds of the Weaver/Werth Jazz Quartet.
3. Meet the beautiful and talented CTV News Anchor, Tamara Taggart, honorary chair for the event.
4. Bid on a diverse array of fantastic items featured in both live and silent auctions!
5. People refresh their souls through nature. Know that you will be directly benefiting the health of garden visitors by supporting this wonderful expanse of nature and educational programs at the Bloedel Conservatory and VanDusen Garden in urban Vancouver.
6. Tickets are tax deductible! The VanDusen Botanical Garden Association a registered non-profit organization. (Be sure to write a quick note on the ticket form that you would like a receipt when you purchase your ticket).
There are a limited number of tickets still available!
Purchase tickets online or stop by in person at the VanDusen Garden Administration office located at 5251 Oak Street at 37th Avenue and fill out your ticket form.
It will be a great night! See you there!